Law Enforcement Records Section: This Section is responsible for virtually all Sheriff’s Office records except those created by the Detention Services Division.
Personnel within this section conduct local criminal background checks, staff the main switchboard and provide information to the public, prepare, archive and process requests for documents as well as perform data entry into the National and Arizona Crime Information Computer databases.
Requests for Reports
The guidelines are as follows:
The cost for each report is $5.00 for the first ten (10) pages of the report. An additional cost of .50 cents per page will be charged after the first ten (10) pages.
Statistical reports may be provided for a cost of $20 per report.
Acceptable methods of payment are cash, personal/business check, money order, or cashier’s check.
You may obtain a report that was taken by the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office by doing one of two things.
- Send in a request via U.S. mail.
- Visit one of the Substation Offices that is open during business hours, with some exclusions. Please see below for locations, days and hours each location is open.
||255 E. Gurley Street, First Floor, Prescott, Arizona, 86301
(928) 771-3260 (Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm)
||12606 Main Street, Mayer, Arizona 86333
(928) 771-3509 (Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 4:00pm)
||2830 N. Commonwealth Dr., Ste 104, Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
(928) 567-7710 (Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 4:00pm)
||6446 Hwy 179, Suite 217, Sedona, Arizona 86351
(928) 639-8171 (Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 4:00pm)
||4155 W. Outer Loop Rd., Suite B, Prescott, Arizona 86305
(928) 771-3277 (Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 4:00pm)
||100 S, Main Street, Bagdad, Arizona 86321
(928) 771-3360 or (928) 442-5292
||22591 Looka Way, Yarnell, Arizona 85362
(928) 771-3511 or (928) 442-5292
When requesting a copy of a report, please complete the appropriate form (see link to forms below) with as much information as possible. In addition, you will need the following:
- A report number, or location/date/time of incident.
- Name of involved person with either their date of birth or social security number.
- Reason for request must be stated.
Online Accident Reports
Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office now offers accident reports online. Motor vehicle accident reports, written by the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office, are available for purchase by clicking on the following link:
Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office Accident Report Database
Acceptable methods of payment are Visa or MasterCard ONLY. Commercial accounts must be set up through PoliceReports. US only.
Reports are currently available as of March 1, 2010. Some accident reports may not be available on-line as a result of the following:
- A Yavapai County Sheriff’s Deputy did not respond to the scene of the accident.
- The accident occurred on private property.
- An arrest was made.
- The report is not approved for dissemination.
Reports are typically available five (5) to ten (10) business days from the date of the accident. If your report is not available within fifteen (15) business days, please contact the Support Services Division, Records Section at (928) 771-3260.
Miscellaneous Guidelines to Remember:
Records personnel are not authorized to conduct miscellaneous searches for any incident(s) or person(s).
Records personnel are not authorized to conduct personal criminal history inquiries through NCIC.
Active reports are NOT released by Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office.
All reports are redacted in accordance with State/Federal regulations.
Please contact our Records Section prior to submitting your request, to verify that the report is available for release.