~ There are no YCSO Public Notices posted at this time. ~
Personnel assigned to Property and Evidence are responsible for the intake, management, control, and disposal of all property received by the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office.
Their duties include…
- Collecting items of evidence and processing latent impressions at crimes scenes and in the laboratory; creating photographs of evidence at crime scenes, at autopsies, and in the laboratory; comparing latent fingerprints to prints on file for identification purposes; and providing expert testimony in court. The Bureau transports items of evidence to the Arizona Department of Public Safety Crime Laboratories for examination of controlled substances and other chemical substances, blood alcohol analysis, toxicology analysis, and firearms examinatio
- Maintaining evidence, tracking found/stored property in such a manner that the items are secured from theft, loss, or contamination, and can be retrieved in a timely manner
- Maintaining reports of all actions associated with chain-of-custody
- Ensuring the timely destruction of found and safekeeping property, and researching and authorizing the destruction or release of recovered/seized property
- Receiving and processing court-ordered releases of evidence/property
- Ensuring the timely and legal, correct notification of owners for found property
Releasing evidence and property
- Weapons and vehicles are released by APPOINTMENT ONLY
- RELEASE OF FIREARMS – appointments must be scheduled at least one (1) week in advance due to limited availability of personnel.
A Criminal History inquiry will be conducted to determine the prohibited status of the owner. Third party individuals acting on behalf of the owner will also be the subject of a Criminal History inquiry to determine prohibited status. In the event where the owner and/or third party is found to be a prohibited possessors, Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office will retain possession of the firearm and pursue criminal charges.
All other property/evidence being released can be picked up WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT during the following times:
MONDAY / WEDNESDAY / FRIDAY between 8:00 AM AND 11:00 AM
TUESDAY and THURSDAY between 1:00 PM AND 4:00 PM
CLOSED WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
Identification/ownership MUST BE provided at time of pick up to retrieve/claim property.
Call (928) 777-7425 for appointments and/or additional information. The Property and Evidence Impound Yard is located at 7100 N. County Fair Trail, Building C, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314.