Civil Unit Overview
The primary function of personnel assigned to Civil Unit is processing and serving documents initiated by the Superior Court System, as well as subpoenas and writs, within Yavapai County. Documents served include Orders of Protection, Orders Prohibiting Harassment, Writs of Execution, divorce documents, custodial papers and others. Civil Process Fees are determined by Arizona Revised Statute 11-445.
- All Writs: $300.00
- All other court documents: $150.00*
*No deposit required for Orders of Protection or Injunctions Against Harassment.
- Injunctions Against Harassment will have a bill for service per Arizona Revised Statute 12-1809.
- The cost for service of most court documents is approximately $16.00 each.
- The cost for preparation, including notarization if requested, of each affidavit of service (Return) or other document pertaining to service is $8.00 each.
- Mileage is charged at the rate of $2.40 per mile with a minimum rate of $16.00.
- The execution of a levy and the return of various court documents varies from $12.00 up to $48.00 plus $40.00 per hour per deputy, if in excess of three hours, for a Writ of Possession or Restitution.
Please contact the Civil Unit at (928) 777-7233, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM to determine the actual cost of your request.
PAWN BROKER LICENSE PROCEDURE
PAWN BROKER LICENSE –
Under Arizona Revised Statue 44-1627, a person shall not act as a pawnbroker until license by the sheriff of the county in which the person regularly conduct business.
The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office Civil Unit handles the licensing application and all required documentation.
Basic requirements to process the application include a $22.00 money order made payable to the Arizona Department of Public Safety for each individual’s fingerprint, articles of corporation or partnership agreement or contract, and the fingerprint cards. If the background check comes back clear, the application can be approved. You will then need to bring a cashier’s check or money order in the amount of $1000 payable to the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office. Finally, you are required to provide the Sheriff’s Office an affidavit of ownership or lease agreement showing when occupancy will occur at the licensed location.
For questions regarding the licensing process, please call the Civil Unit at 928-777-7223.