The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office has a lot to offer:
Click anyone of the links below to find out more…
The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank you for your interest in employment with our Agency. We encourage you to test for any position(s) for which you are qualified. We are very dedicated in our objective to hire only the most qualified individuals through a strong commitment to our hiring standards.Please carefully review the all information. These specific guidelines are provided in an effort to assist you with your decision concerning whether it is beneficial to submit your application for employment with YCSO. Please be advised that the information listed below does not constitute all applicable hiring standards of this agency, the majority of our standards are confidential and are not available for applicants or current employees to view.
- All applicants must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. (General Educational Development) certificate. This requirement must be met at the time of application.
- All other entry level requirements are measured through the selection process.
You will not be eligible for employment with the YCSO if you have been convicted of:
- A felony crime, or a crime for which you would be required to register per state law
- Two (2) DUI’s,
- Domestic Violence or Domestic Assault (any position which may require carrying a firearm)
- All other convictions will be reviewed and may be disqualifying.[/box]
You will be asked about your use of illegal drugs and drug sales.
Other areas of concern include, but are not limited to, the categories listed below:
- Employment history
- Military history
- Driving history
- Financial history
- Criminal history/Involvement
- Truthfulness/Character issues
- Tattoos, branding/jewelry which are exposed or visible while on duty.
- You will be questioned by a Background Investigator and may be required to pass a polygraph examination on all of the above areas. You may also be required to take a psychological examination.
Applicants applying for civilian positions must also meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants must be citizens of the Unites States of America.
Applicants applying for certified and detention positions must meet the following requirements:
- Certified – Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Detention – Applicants must be at least 20 years of age.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America.
- Applicants must have the dexterity to fire a handgun; strength to subdue persons; stamina to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time; and the tolerance to work under adverse conditions.
A comprehensive background investigation is completed on each potential candidate to ensure the candidate meets YCSO’s strict hiring standards. The background process includes: 1) a background interview, 2) written psychological test, 3) oral psychological interview, 4) polygraph examination and 5) medical examination.